LONDON GATWICK AIRPORT
Master planning and terminal planning for the entire airport following Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP) takeover from BAA in 2009. The master plan is aimed at scaling growth in activity until 2015. The second purpose of the master plan is to draft preparations for the airport between 2016 and 2030.
The scope of work included the expansion and redevelopment of the existing airside and landside facilities including North and South Terminal, drop-off and pick-up kerbs, train station, commercial development and bus terminal.
- Development of Programme of Requirements
- Development of airport expansion options and assessment against design criteria
- Development of terminal layout options and assessment against design criteria
- Planning of phased terminal expansion
- Definition of “Quick wins” to enhance terminal facilities in the short term
- Detailed development of preferred terminal layout for both North and South Terminal
- Conceptual development of expansion opportunities for landside area with railway station and airport city
Facts & Figures
|Date||2011 – 2012|